A hearty protein and veggie packed meal, this Thai Spaghetti Squash Bowl is going to become a new favorite. Similar to stir fry with chicken and sautéed veggies, but with hearty spaghetti squash as the base and a spicy balsamic glaze, the flavors come together in the tastiest way.
Table of Contents
About this Bowl
This Thai Spaghetti Squash Bowl is constantly making its way into my dinner rotation. It's so simple, convenient, and full of flavor thanks to Mighty Spark's Thai-Style Ground Chicken. Pre-seasoned with the flavors you need means less work for you and more time to enjoy.
The super tasty, pre-seasoned chicken gets plated on top of a bowl of hearty spaghetti squash with additional roasted veggies for more volume and nutrients. I am always so satisfied after eating this dish, and the leftovers are arguably better as all of the flavors marinate together.
One of the best parts about this dish is Mighty Spark's mission. Read more to learn how they give back! And if you're looking for more tasty Thai dishes, also check out these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps, this Thai Basil Beef, or this Spicy Thai Salad that I'm sure you'll love, too!
- Spaghetti Squash: A nutritious, low-carb vegetable substitute for pasta. Works well with a wide variety of proteins and vegetables to make a filling meal.
- Mighty Spark Thai-Style Ground Chicken: Seasoned with garlic, shallots, soy sauce, and ginger, this chicken is raised with no hormones and has honest, simple ingredients. The best part about this brand is that with every purchase of a Mighty Spark product, they donate a meal to someone in need. Use this Might Spark store locator to find where you can purchase it near you.
- Veggies: Along with the Spaghetti Squash, this includes bell peppers and onion. I plated mine with steamed broccoli and cauliflower as well, but that is completely optional.
- Italian and Asian Fusion Balsamic Reduction: I kid you not, I buy this balsamic reduction in cases of 6 every time. We go through it so quickly. It's that good! I recently just found it at Publix, too.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare your spaghetti squash first. Slice in half, remove the seeds from the center with a spoon, and oil each side. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash face down on your sheet pan. Bake squash for 35 minutes.
2. While squash roasts, chop your white onion and red and green bell peppers. Heat a greased or non-stick fry pan to medium heat. Add in a package of Mighty Spark Thai-Style Ground Chicken. About half way through cooking, add your chopped onion and bell peppers. Sauté.
3. Carefully remove the spaghetti squash from the oven. Remember, the pan will be extremely hot. Shred the cooked squash with a fork and add to serving plates.
4. Add chicken and vegetable mixture to the squash and add balsamic glaze and sriracha on top. Mix and enjoy!
Store these bowls for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave. They hold up great for meal prep! I do, however, advise against freezing these bowls.
Not a fan of spaghetti squash? Use your favorite rice as a base, or even udon or egg noodles. Mashed sweet potato would also taste amazing. YUM!
If you can't find the pre-seasoned Thai Chicken, you can purchase regular ground chicken and add Thai sauce. I really like this Sweet Thai Sauce from target.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Thai Spaghetti Squash Bowl
- sheet pan
- Cutting Board
- Non-stick fry pan
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 lb Mighty Spark Thai-Style Ground Chicken
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- balsamic glaze
- sriracha, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare your spaghetti squash first. Slice in half, remove the seeds from the center with a spoon, and oil each side. Then, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash face down on your sheet pan.
- Bake squash for 35 minutes.
- While squash roasts, chop your white onion and red and green bell peppers.
- Heat a greased or non-stick fry pan to medium heat. Add in a package of Mighty Spark Thai-Style Ground Chicken. About half way through cooking, add your chopped onion and bell peppers. Sauté until chicken is cooked through
- Carefully remove the spaghetti squash from the oven. Remember, the pan will be extremely hot. Shred the cooked squash with a fork.
- Plate the squash and add the chicken and vegetable mixture on topp.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sriracha. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Sweet Thai Chicken and Veggie Bowl calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!