Prep this homemade Cranberry Granola for a delicious breakfast or snack topper to enjoy all week long. It tastes delicious with smoothies, yogurt, and more! Just 8 ingredients and 30 minutes before you've got a granola that's way better than store bought.
About this Granola
Granola in my pantry is a must at all times and I've found making my own is way more cost-effective and honestly more delicious. I can add what I like and leave out what I don't.
This Cranberry Granola is a a great staple you can use in your breakfast or lunch, or even as a dessert or snack! It's also full of nutritious food groups like carbs, fiber, and healthy fats to keep us full and focused.
This recipe is roommate & coworker approved. Perfect with milk, yogurt, or fresh berries, it gives a sweet and salty crunch you won't want to miss out on.
And if you're wanting more snack recipes you can eat anytime of day, try this Cheerio Trail Mix, these Apple Peanut Butter Energy Bites, this Goldfish Ranch Snack Mix, or this Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola, too!
- Old Fashioned Oats: This pantry staple will be the base for this customizable and flavorful granola. Avoid using quick oats, as they'll get too mushy.
- Nuts: I used pecans, almonds, and pumpkin seeds for a variety of texture. Healthy fats, protein, and fiber packed in these!
- Dried Cranberries: A nice bite of sweetness to contrast some strong nut flavors.
- Honey: This will help bind our granola together and add sweetness.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare sheet pan with parchment paper. Dice pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries and add to a large mixing bowl along with oats and pumpkin seeds. Toss with a fork.
2. In a measuring cup, microwave coconut oil for 30 seconds or until melted. Add in honey and vanilla extract and stir. Then, pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and mix until everything is thoroughly coated.
3. Pour mixture onto lined sheet pan. Using a rubber spatula (or your hand), press it firmly down into the pan and spread out as much as possible. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before breaking into pieces. Enjoy!
After removing your granola from the oven, transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes. This will set the granola so the ingredients stick together better. Then, CAREFULLY break the granola into pieces so it doesn't completely crumble.
Granola is best stored in an airtight container on the counter or in the pantry for up to 1 weeks. I love using a mason jar for this. Just be sure it is completely cooled before sealing. You do not want to trap any steam in the storage container, because this will result in soggy granola.
This granola is great on its own, but it's also a great base for building on. Add the flavors YOU like.
- Chose different nuts and seeds. There are so many nuts and seeds to choose from, including peanuts, cashews and flax seeds.
- Sneak in some dark or white chocolate chips or other candy you enjoy.
- Throw in some dried apricot or mango.
- If you have a flavorful syrup from your coffee bar, use that in place of honey. A touch of caramel or toffee would elevate this recipe into the sweetest of treats!
Honestly, by the handful! It's also great on top of yogurt, smoothies/smoothie bowls, with fruit or milk. I even enjoy it as an ice cream topper.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Glass measuring cup
- Rubber Spatula
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dice pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together old fashioned oats, diced pecans, diced almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. Toss with a fork.
- In a measuring cup, microwave coconut oil for 30 seconds or until melted. Add in honey and vanilla extract and stir. Then, pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Combined until all ingredients are fully coated.
- Put mixer onto lined sheet pan. Using a rubber spatula (or your hand), press it firmly down into the pan and spread out as much as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let granola sit for another 5 -10 minutes.
- Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or by itself as a snack.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find HOMEMADE CRANBERRY NUT GRANOLA calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
the most delicious granola! Simple but so
Tasty. I used caramel syrup like she mentioned...game changer!!!
Katie Sullivan says
I seriously cannot stop eating this. So good and simple to make! Already dying to try some alternative flavor additions!
so simple yet so delicious! replaced the nuts with unsweetened coconut chips (to make it allergy friendly) and everyone loved it! will definitely make it again 🙂
I'm on my THIRD batch of this since Courtney posted it. Can not get enough!!!! I'm thinking this is my final goodbye to any store bought granola.... My favorite addition to the recipe thus far is adding toasted coconut for extra texture and flavor. Such a versatile recipe (like the healthy one pot pasta that you must try if you haven't) - the possibilities are endless mmmmmm
What an awesome and cheaper way to have granola in the house! Very customizable for everyone's taste. Next time I'm adding coconut and making it sweeter!
Soooo good, only lasted two full days here! Shared the recipe twice now to family members they liked it so much as well!
made it with my mom! so fun! ive been snacking on the granola all week- on açaí bowls, with yogurt, and on its own. seriously so good!!!
Charlotte C says
A HUGE hit in my household. We have always been homemade granola people, but I made this one morning and within the hour, my mom and dad physically called me on the phone to tell me how delicious it was. The honey is the BEST part!!! 10/10
Never buying store bought granola again! This is the BEST!
I loved this granola!! Everyone described it really well that it's simple yet super tasty. The cranberries give a nice sweet taste and texture. Perfect consistency too. Will definitely be making this on repeat!!
Courtney Paige says
y'all this is SO good with yogurt! Love it!