Prep this Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola for a delicious meal or topping to use all week long. It tastes delicious with smoothies, yogurt, and more!
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
We all need some granola in our kitchen. This Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola a great staple you can use in your breakfast and lunch, or even as a dessert or snack! It's also full of important food groups like carbs, fiber, and healthy fats to keep us full and focused.
This recipe is roommate & coworker approved. Perfect with milk, yogurt, or fresh berries, it gives a sweet and salty crunch you won't want to miss out on.
Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola Ingredients
Old Fashioned Oats: This pantry staple will be the base for this customizable and flavorful granola.
Pecans: These guys are packed full of protein and fiber to help you feel energized and satisfied.
Almonds: Similar to pecans, almonds have many health benefits. Did you know they are a great source of antioxidants and support gut and skin health?
Pumpkin Seeds: High in magnesium, these seeds can help control blood pressure and sugar levels, reduce your risk for heart disease, and maintain healthy bones.
Dried Cranberries: A nice bite of sweetness to cut through some strong nut flavors.
Honey: This will help bind our granola together with a slightly floral flavor.
Coconut Oil: Another binder and source of healthy fat.
Vanilla Extract: Just a little bit of vanilla extract will draw together all of our sweet flavors and have them work in balanced harmony.
Oh, and your mouth to eat and enjoy it!
How to make Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and prepare sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Dice pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries.
3. In a large mixing bowl, fold together old fashioned oats, diced pecans, diced almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. Toss with a fork.
4. In a measuring cup, microwave coconut oil for 30 seconds or until melted. Add in honey and vanilla extract and stir. Then, pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Combined until all ingredients are fully coated.
5. Pour mixture onto lined sheet pan. Using a rubber spatula (or your hand), press it firmly down into the pan and spread out as much as possible.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Turn off the oven and let granola sit for another 5 -10 minutes.
NOTE: If you like big clusters of granola, let it cool for at least 1 hour before you break it apart. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to bread it apart.
8. Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or by itself as a snack.
You can watch the Cranberry Nut Granola Web Story here.
Customize this Homemade Granola
This granola is great on its own, but it's also a great base for building on. Add the flavors YOU like.
There are so many nuts and seeds to choose from, including peanuts, cashews and flax seeds.
Sneak in some dark or white chocolate chips or other candy you enjoy. Throw in some dried apricot or mango.
If you have a flavorful syrup from your coffee bar, use that in place of honey. A touch of caramel or toffee would elevate this recipe into the sweetest of treats!
What's the best way to store the granola?
Granola is best stored in an airtight container on the counter or in the pantry for up to 2 weeks. I love using a mason jar for this.
Any tips for success?
Be sure to let the sheet of granola cool completely before breaking it apart. This helps ensure there will be big clusters to enjoy.
Anything I should watch out for?
Don't use fresh or ‘wet’ ingredients. We are purposely baking the ingredients to dry them out.
Is this granola good for meal prep?
This recipe is great for meal prep and pantry storage. You can also keep it chilled in the fridge if you like an extra crunch.
If you love this Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola here's more recipes to try
Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Glass measuring cup
- Rubber Spatula
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup almonds, diced
- ¼ cup pecans, diced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, diced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and prepare sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dice pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together old fashioned oats, diced pecans, diced almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. Toss with a fork.
- In a measuring cup, microwave coconut oil for 30 seconds or until melted. Add in honey and vanilla extract and stir. Then, pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Combined until all ingredients are fully coated.
- Put mixer onto lined sheet pan. Using a rubber spatula (or your hand), press it firmly down into the pan and spread out as much as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let granola sit for another 5 -10 minutes.
- Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or by itself as a snack.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola
1 serving: 59 grams Carbs | 31 grams Fat | 13 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.