Enjoy this sweet and fizzy Blood Orange Moscow Mule the next time you need to unwind. It's filled with citrusy flavors like orange, peach, and lime—all topped off with some ice cold ginger beer!
Table of Contents
About this Cocktail
Cocktails taste even better when served in beautiful and unique glasses! I spotted these gorgeous copper cocktail mugs online and searched high and low for them with no luck. But when I asked if anyone could find them on Instagram, you guys delivered—and I am SO grateful! I mean, just look at these amazing mugs!
The first cocktail recipe I created for these mugs is this sweet and delicious Blood Orange Moscow Mule. Blood oranges, in my opinion, are some of nature's most beautiful fruits. Beautiful fruit for a beautiful glass, am I right? I love slicing one open to see the rich red color!
They also taste a little sweeter than regular oranges. The flavor pairs so well with some peach and orange vodka, which is what we're going to use in this recipe. I also added a little bit of lime juice to bring everything together.
All of these flavors are topped off with some fizzy ginger beer. And thanks to the copper mugs, your drink will stay ice cold—just how it should be! If you're looking for another mule recipe, also check out this Pineapple Jalapeño Moscow Mule or try this Italian Margarita that uses blood orange as well! I think you'll also love this Strawberry Gin Smash!
- Vodka: I used both Deep Eddy’s Peach Vodka and Ketel One Botanica Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka.
- Ginger Beer: What's a mule without ginger beer? I used diet ginger beer to reduce the sugar and curb some of the hangover😆, but you could also use regular.
- Blood Orange Juice: You can juice a blood orange for the juice or buy blood orange juice from the store. Whatever works for you!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Grab a cocktail glass and fill it with ice.
2. Measure out 1 oz of each vodka and pour into the glass.
3. Top with ginger beer & lime juice. Stir.
4. Take a hand held juicer and put 1-2 slices of a blood orange into it. Juice ½ oz of blood orange and pour into the cocktail. Garnish with slices of blood orange and fresh rosemary or mint. Enjoy!
more of our favorite Cocktail Recipes...
- Limoncello Spritz
- Banana Margarita
- Strawberry Mango Daiquiri
- Spicy Mezcal Paloma
- Pineapple Moscow Mule
- Strawberry Gin Smash Cocktail
- Hibiscus Refresher
- Frozen Raspberry Prosecco Sangria
- Watermelon Vodka Slush
- Blood Orange Moscow Mule
- Sparkling Peach Sangria
- Blueberry Lemonade Vodka
- Rose Aperol Spritz
- Strawberry Martini
The addition of orange, of course! And also flavored vodka. Typically, a Moscow Mule is just vodka, ginger beer, and lime. But why not get fancy with it?
Yes! Feel free to skip the booze by simply leaving out the vodka and using ginger ale instead of ginger beer.
Regular orange juice will also work here. It would just make this an Orange Moscow Mule instead of BLOOD Orange Moscow Mule. Blood oranges have a slightly sweeter flavor and are less acidic, but that shouldn’t affect your cocktail too much. Regular orange pairs nicely with the peach vodka, too.
An ounce is 2 tablespoons. If you don’t have a shot glass labeled by the ounce or a jigger, reach for your measuring spoons.
Moscow mules are meant to be served very cold. The copper mug is used to insulate the drink and keep it cool the entire time you’re drinking it. However, with this Blood Orange Moscow Mule recipe, I don’t think that time will be long!
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Blood Orange Moscow Mule
- copper mug
- Handheld juicer
- jigger (used to measure ounces of alcohol)
- Cocktail stirrer
- Cutting Board
- 1 oz Deep Eddy’s Peach Vodka
- 1 oz Ketel One Botanica Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka
- 6 oz Diet Ginger Beer
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- ½ oz Blood Orange Juice
- 4-6 cubes ice
- blood orange slices
- fresh rosemary
- fresh mint
- lime wedge
- Grab a cocktail glass and fill it with ice.
- Measure out 1 oz of each vodka and pour into the glass.
- Top with ginger beer & lime juice. Stir.
- Take a hand held juicer and put 1-2 slices of a blood orange into it. Juice ½ oz of blood orange and pour into the cocktail. If you purchased blood orange juice, just pour in ½ oz.
- Garnish with slices of blood orange and fresh rosemary or mint.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Blood Orange Moscow Mule calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
NOTE: this is counting the alcohol as strictly carbs - remember, if you are counting your macros & alcohol, this is a good reference: Macrostax | How To Calculate Alcohol for Macro Counting
TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS A CARBOHYDRATE: Use the total number of calories in a drink divided by 4 (Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 132 calories/4 = 33g Carbs. TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS A FAT: Use the total number of calories in a drink divided by 9 (Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 132 calories/9 = 15g Fat) TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS BOTH A CARBOHYDRATE AND A FAT: Use the a portion of the total number of calories in a drink divided by 4 Use the remainder of the total number of calories in a drink divided by 9. Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 66 calories/4 = 16.5g Carbs 66 calories/9 = 7g Fat
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!