These Apple Nachos are going to become your new favorite fall snack. They're quick and easy to make—no baking required! Drizzled in chocolate and peanut butter and sprinkled with trail mix, they're absolutely delicious!
About these Apple Nachos
Celebrate fall with these crispy and sweet Healthy Apple Nachos! This fall fruit tastes absolutely incredible drizzled with chocolate and peanut butter and sprinkled with crunchy trail mix. They're surely my new go-to quick, healthier treat!
Not only are these a great snack for kids, but they're great to make with kids! You can slice the apples and melt the chocolate and let them go to town drizzling the yummy toppings all over. No baking required! 😊
These Healthy Apple Nachos are also gluten free. You can also make this recipe dairy free by using dairy free chocolate! Everyone is going to love these.
And if you're looking for more tasty fall treats, try this Cheerio Trail Mix, these Apple Cinnamon Blondies, or this Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip!
- Apples: Feel free to use whatever kind you like, best. Granny Smith apples is what I chose. If you live near an apple orchard, get them fresh😍.
- Chocolate Chips: I used both white chocolate and dark chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter: I used CleanSimpleEats Candy Bar nut butter.
- Trail Mix: I bought this Monster Trail Mix from Target.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. First, prepare the apples. Wash, dry, and remove the core. Then, slice into ¼" pieces. The thinner the apples are sliced, the easier they'll be to stack, but ensure they're not too such that they can't hold up the toppings.
2. Layer the sliced apples on a circular plate. You can use whatever shaped plate you want, but a circular one allows for optimal topping coverage in each bite! 😉
3. In microwave safe bowls, heat the wwhite and dark chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-40 second intervals. Be sure to stir between each interval until completely chocolate is completely melted. NOTE: If the peanut butter you're using is pretty thick, it’s a good idea to microwave it thins. This will help it drizzle more easily.
4. Then, drizzle the chocolate over the apple slices in a circular motion.
5. Add peanut butter on next.
6. Chop up your trail mix into tiny pieces. Sprinkle it on top of the apples. Enjoy!
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I used these storage containers. and was so impressed with how long they held up!
After you slice them, toss them with some cold water and 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Then, gently pat them dry. You can also try Fruit-Fresh, too.
It’s likely your chocolate has burned or “seized." This is why you need to stir it between every heating interval. You may be able to save it by whisking in a couple teaspoons of a neutral oil and mixing gently in an attempt to loosen the seized clumps.
There are so many yummy toppings you can add to these Apple Nachos. Customize them to your liking! Here's a few ideas:
- Caramel instead of (or in addition to) peanut butter.
- Your favorite cereal or granola instead of trail mix
- Crushed up oreos, graham crackers, or another cookie
- Your favorite candy bar chopped up. Twix, Reese's or Take 5's are my favorite.
- Superfoods like cacao nibs, chia seeds, coconut flakes, flax seeds, pepitas, etc.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
- Cutting Board
- Apple corer
- Microwave-safe bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- 2 granny smith apples
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Monster Trail Mix
- First, prepare the apples. Wash, dry, and remove the core. Then, slice into ¼" - ½" pieces. The thinner the apples are sliced, the easier they'll be to stack and eat.
- Layer the sliced apples on a circular plate. You can use whatever shaped plate you want, but a circular one allows for optimal topping coverage in each bite! 😉
- In microwave safe bowls, heat the chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-40 second intervals. Be sure to stir between each interval until completely chocolate is completely melted. NOTE: If the peanut butter you're using is pretty thick, it’s a good idea to microwave it thins. This will help it drizzle more easily.
- Then, drizzle the peanut butter and chocolate over the apple slices in a circular motion.
- Chop up your trail mix into tiny pieces. Sprinkle it on top of the apples. You can also top with extra chocolate chips, too!
- Enjoy this wholesome, healthy snack!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find HEALTHY APPLE NACHOS calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Lily Solek says
This is one of my go to snacks when I want a little treat. They are super easy to make and delicious! I made these for the kids I babysit and every time I come over they request that I make them.
Megan McClellan says
I made these as a little appetizer while my dinner finished cooking when friends came over - so easy and a fun snack for my people while they waited.
Sydney Van Acker says
I make these at least once a week for a mid day snack or dessert. Super easy and perfect to use up whatever iingredients i've got on hand.
Courtney Paige says
Talk about an easy snack. So tasty!
Courtney Paige says
This is SUCH a good snack! I like using the Monster Mix from Target for garnish.