These mouthwatering Buffalo Chicken Sliders feature tender shredded chicken tossed in spicy buffalo sauce, nestled between soft slider buns and topped with crisp lettuce and creamy buffalo ranch dressing.
The perfect combination of heat and coolness in every bite makes these sliders an irresistible crowd-pleaser for any gathering or game day event.
Table of Contents
Mouthwatering Chicken Buffalo Sliders
You'll love these Buffalo Chicken Sliders for their explosive flavor, combining the bold spiciness of buffalo sauce with the savory tenderness of shredded chicken, all sandwiched between soft slider buns.
The convenience of these sliders, perfect for easy serving and sharing, along with the delightful contrast of heat and coolness, ensures a satisfying and unforgettable sandwich experience. Plus, minimal work for you in the kitchen!
I love serving these up for game days during football season when we all want to nibble, but still need something hearty amongst the snacking spread. And if you’re looking for more tasty slider recipes, also check out these Rotisserie Chicken Hawaiian Sliders (it was the most popular recipe on my blog in 2023).
Let’s just say, I know a thing or two about tasty slider recipes :P) or these Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders that I’m sure you’ll enjoy, too!
- Rotisserie Chicken or Chicken Breasts - See FAQ section for shredding tips!
- Buffalo Sauce - Frank's is my favorite brand.
- Cheese - I used Pepper Jack. Blue Cheese Crumbles, shredded mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack also go well with the flavors of these spicy buffalo chicken sliders. Add extra cheese just before placing the top half of the rolls on your Hawaiian roll sliders. The result is a melty cheese layer that is so tasty!
- Ranch Dressing - Store bought or try my Cottage Cheese Ranch recipe!
- Sweet Hawaiian Rolls - I used King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (Honey-Wheat). Any dinner roll variety will do.
- Buffalo Ranch Chopped Salad Kit (Taylor Farm’s) - I like the pre-made salad kit for convenience, but you can also make your own slaw.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- SAUCE: Not a buffalo fan? No problem! Swap out hot sauce for barbecue or a sweet & sour chili sauce. Instead of creamy ranch, try blue cheese dressing or this Creamy Jalapeño Sauce.
- TACOS: Instead of sliders, make buffalo chicken tacos with mini tortillas instead of Hawaiian Rolls.
- PIZZA: Or try a buffalo chicken pizza with the same ingredients, but using a pre-made pizza crust instead of dinner rolls.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and ½ packet of ranch seasoning.
2. Fold in the shredded rotisserie chicken with the sauce and set aside.
3. Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half using a serrated knife. Carefully do this so you ensure an even cut throughout. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish and then spread the mayo on the bottom layer.
4. Place pepper jack cheese on the mayo. Then top with the buffalo sauce covered shredded chicken mixture.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, dijon mustard, and fresh parsley.
Put the top half of the buns back on the sliders and brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter mixture with a basting brush. Sprinkle with more fresh parsley and a pinch of sea salt if desired.
6. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until buns are warmed throughout. While the sliders are in the oven, prepare the slaw mixture according to bag instructions. Remove the sliders from the oven and top each one with some slaw mixture and a pickle.
Serve warm and enjoy!
- Do not assemble the sliders until you’re ready to eat. Because of all the saucy action, they do not hold well over time. You can prep the buffalo sauce and mix with the chicken in advance, but wait to assemble the sandwich before you’re ready to bake.
I wouldn’t recommend storage for more than 1 day as the bun will eventually absorb the moisture from the slaw / chicken.
If you have extras, wrap in tinfoil and store in the fridge.The tighter you wrap the better to keep sauce locked in.
Place your buns on a cutting board and place your non-dominant hand lightly on top of the rolls to hold them in place but avoid crushing. Hold a large serrated knife in your dominant hand and saw back and forth until you make it to the other side.
I like to add my cooked chicken breasts to bowl and take an electric hand mixer to them (make sure it’s powerful). This shreds the chicken quickly and easily!
These are messy to try to serve on a small plate with a napkin near by 😛
Have your sliders alongside some potato chips and carrot sticks + celery sticks or Parmesan Carrot Fires and a simple green salad or this Quinoa Slaw Salad. This Buffalo Chicken Slider recipe goes well with my Lemon Dill Potato Salad, too!
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Serrated knife
- 1 large mixing bowls
- 1 medium
- 1 Small mixing bowl
- silicon brush
- Baking Dish
- 1 rotisserie chicken, or chicken breast, ~3-4 cups shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ packet ranch seasoning
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls, Kings Honey-Wheat
- 2 tbsp lite mayo
- 5 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, diced
- pinch sea salt
- 1 buffalo ranch salad kit, Taylor Farms
- 12 slices dill pickles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and ½ packet of ranch seasoning.
- Fold in the shredded rotisserie chicken with the sauce and set aside.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half using a serrated knife. Carefully do this so you ensure an even cut throughout. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish and then spread the mayo on the bottom layer.
- Place pepper jack cheese on the mayo. Then top with the buffalo sauce covered shredded chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, dijon mustard, and fresh parsley.
- Put the top half of the buns back on the sliders and brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter mixture with a basting brush. Sprinkle with more fresh parsley and a pinch of sea salt if desired.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until buns are warmed throughout.
- While the sliders are in the oven, prepare the slaw mixture according to bag instructions. Remove the sliders from the oven and top each one with some slaw mixture and a pickle.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Buffalo Chicken Sliders calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!