Let me introduce you to my latest snack of choice: Apple Cinnamon Bites. There's just something about the salty peanut butter with sweet apple bits and the zing of cinnamon that makes these energy bites taste so. dang. delicious!
About these Snack Bites
Have you ever been to a coffee shop/bakery where they have homemade little superfood bites for sale. I'm an absolute sucker for them and love trying all of the different flavor combinations that people come up with.
The issue is, I've found myself paying close to $5 for ONE bite, which is slightly ridiculous, so I decided to make my own. And let me tell you, I'm never turning back. These Apple Cinnamon Bites were crazy good and so simple.
They're made with only FIVE ingredients and take less than 20 minutes to make, now that's what I'm talking about. These are perfect for a quick snack, to meal prep, and to just enjoy on those busy days when there's not enough time to be all "fancy" with your food. Keep it simple with these energy bites and thank me later 😉
And if you're looking for more tasty & nourishing snacks, also check out these Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles, these Cherry Chip Pecan Energy Bites, or these Apple Nachos that I'm sure you'll love, too!
- Apple - I prefer Honeycrisp apples because of the crisp texture and sweet flavor. Any apple would work for these bites though!
- Peanut Butter - Now hear me out here but I truly LOVE the taste of Jif peanut butter in these! There's no shame in enjoying a classic PB that's not as "natural" as others. But if that is the way you want to go, I also really love Georgia Grinders peanut butter here too - use code: PAIGE20 to save 20% off!
- Oats - Holds these bites together and gives a slightly chewy texture that is just perfect. Don't try to substitute steel cut - the texture will be much too tough.
- Cinnamon Sugar - The perfect touch of sweetness with warm cinnamon to take these Apple Cinnamon Bites over the top. It pairs really well with the apple!
- Slivered Almonds - Adds a crunch to these bites that I love. You could try subbing for another nut like pecans or walnuts, too! Just be sure to chop them.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. First dice the apple into cubes. The smaller the better to kelp these bites stay in ball form.
2. Then combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix everything together until well combined and ingredients are sticking together. Chill the dough for 10 minutes in the fridge.
4. Remove dough from fridge and form small balls with either your hands or a small cookie scooper. Enjoy!
Store these balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months. I like putting a few in individual baggies/stasher bags for easy grabbing when I'm on the run.
I like to use a cookie scoop to get the perfect amount of the dough, then use my hands to form into more compact balls. If the mixture is sticking to your hands, spray them with a little cooking spray before rolling.
I would stick to rolled oats or quick oats. Steel cut have a much tougher texture and won't be as enjoyable in their raw form as used in this snack.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Apple Cinnamon Bites
- 1 cup apple, chopped, I used honeycrisp
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped slivered almonds
- First dice the apple into cubes. The smaller the better.
- Then combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together until well combined and all ingredients are sticking together
- Chill the dough for 10 minutes in the fridge
- Remove dough from fridge and form small balls with either your hands or a small cookie scooper. Enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Peanut Butter Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Lynn Marie says
This recipe is SO. GOOD. they taste just like fall and take negative time to whip up, which is perfect for a mommy of two little ones, i never seem to have time for such elaborate recipes! Thanks for another awesome recipe, Paige!
Courtney Paige says
Awesome! They're great to prep ahead and for the little ones!
The crunch from the apple is refreshing and fun and makes you feel like you are getting a mini meal in each bite. These are delicious!
Sydney Van Acker says
just 5 ingredients, these are EASY PEASY. love the crunch of the slivered almonds. might try pecans next time. great for on the go, too!
Courtney Paige says
I pack these in my lunch often! super good!