This Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie has a thick and luscious texture with sweet fruity flavor and rich chocolate all in smoothie form! I like to think of this as dessert for breakfast because it's so dang good.
Table of Contents
About this Smoothie
Have you had the TruFru chocolate covered berries? I am obsessed. And that's what inspired this Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie. A fruit + chocolate combo just cannot be beat.
This Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie is extremely rich thanks to the inclusion of a Premier Protein Chocolate Hazelnut flavored drink. It really takes this smoothie to the next level.
It's so delicious that it tastes like dessert, but it's actually healthy. Packed with protein, giving it plenty of staying power, perfect for breakfast on-the-go or a post workout snack.
If you're a smoothie lover like me, also check out this Chocolate Cherry Smoothie, his Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie, this Mocha Madness Smoothie, this Fresh Fig Smoothie or this Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie, all of which I think you'll obsess over, too!
- Raspberries and Strawberries - Frozen are best for the thicker texture and are usually cheaper than fresh anyway!
- Protein - I used Premier Protein Chocolate Hazelnut flavor which was absolutely delicious. You could instead substitute chocolate protein + almond milk if you don't have the Premier Protein available.
- Hazelnut Butter - Adds to the hazelnut flavor but feel free to sub for any nut/seed butter that you'd like. I love Georgia Grinder's hazelnut butter - you can use code: PAIGE20 for 20% off your order!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
This Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie is SO good yet SO easy to make, it's truly a dream blend! There's nothing better than a quick breakfast, snack, or even dessert when you're hungry.
1. Place everything in a high speed blender.
2. Blend together on high for 30-45 seconds until everything is combined together.
3. Pour into a glass, top with fresh fruit and chocolate pieces.
more of our favorite Smoothie Recipes...
This creates such a thick and creamy smoothie but if you want it even thicker, smoothie bowl style, only include ¼ cup of milk and let it blend for longer. Just be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender occasionally until all fruit is combined.
Banana I think would be decadent giving more of a milkshake vibe. I also think blueberries would be a good option.
Definitely! Adding veggies to a smoothie is a great way to get some extra nutrients. I suggest spinach or frozen cauliflower. This Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie is flavor PACKED so you won’t even taste the vegetables.
Some of my favorites include: chia seeds, granola, cereal, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, dried fruit, fresh fruit, drizzled nut butter, a dollop of yogurt. Think about whatever would be tasty on a yogurt bowl.
Yes, but you'll need to add about 1.5 cups of ice to make it a true smoothie. Also note the texture will be not be as thick and creamy.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- Measuring Cups
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 6 oz Premier Protein Chocolate Hazelnut Shake, can sub for ¾ cup nut milk + 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon Hazelnut butter, can sub for any nut butter
- Extra fruit, chocolate, nut butter, for topping
- Place everything in a high speed blender.
- Blend together on high for 30-45 seconds until everything is combined together.
- Pour into a glass then top with fresh fruit and chocolate pieces.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!