Candy Corn Rice Krispies are a delightful Halloween treat that combines the classic, gooey goodness of Rice Krispies treats with the festive colors and sweet flavor of candy corn. These treats are a favorite seasonal indulgence for a kids’ halloween parties at school, a gathering on halloween night, or just to enjoy throughout the fall season!
Table of Contents
About these Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
Take marshmallow-infused cereal and the iconic tri-colored candy and put them into one addicting little treat. I think you’re going to love these festive treats more than expected.
What’s amazing, too, is that this Rice Krispie Treat Recipe is just 4 ingredients and comes together in just 20 minutes including setting time! This easy recipe is also great to make with kids who can help stir and press the cereal mixture into the pan (they’ll love the sticky marshmallow fingers they can lick afterward☺).
Looking for more halloween season recipes? Try these Kit Cat Cookies or these Leftover Candy Cookies too. Or you may also want to check out these Raspberry Rice Krispie Treats or Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats as two other flavor varieties.
I was in Bozeman, Montana recently and purchased a tri-colored candy corn rice krispie treat from Wild Crumb, a local bakery. It was phenomenal and I tried to recreate them for you all.
Unfortunately, after 3 attempts, I couldn’t perfect the recipe with different colors and thought if I couldn't do it, it might be tough for others to execute too! SSO, here is a fool-proof way to make Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats with real candy corn candies instead that are sure to impress this spooky season!
- Miniature Marshmallows - Melted to act as the glue to make our cereal stick together.
- Rice Krispies - Or comparable crispy rice cereal variety you can find at your grocery store (doesn't have to be name brand).
- Candy Corn - A classic fall candy we all love.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Think halloween colors - green, purple, orange, or black. Grab a bag of halloween colored M&Ms, black and orange sprinkles, white chocolate chips, yellow candy melts, googley eyes. Toss it ALL in there for a spooky treat!
- Feeling extra fancy? Make this festive halloween treat with brown butter! It adds extra depth of flavor and is decadent. Check out this Funfetti Chip Cookie recipe for how to do so.
- Swirl in a bit of orange food coloring to the melted marshmallows for a festive tie-dye look that will stand out on your halloween party dessert table.
How to Make Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
1. Start by roughly chopping candy corn. A few chops will do – we still want it to have some form within the rice krispie treats.
2. Heat a large saucepan to low heat. Add the butter and stir continuously as it melts. Pour in mini marshmallows and continue to stir as they begin to melt.
3. Remove from the heat and add chopped candy corn and stir.
4. Then add the rice krispie cereal into the marshmallow mixture. Mix until everything is coated. Generously spray a 9x13 springform pan with cooking spray or line with wax paper. Pour the candy corn rice krispies into the pan and spread with a greased spatula. Press in a few more candy corns into the top of the krispies.
6. Allow treats to cool before cutting into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Once your Candy Corn Krispie Treats cool in the pan, use a ghost, pumpkin, or cat shaped cookie cutter to take these festive treats to the next level!
You can also make this recipe without turning on the stove. Grab a large microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and marshmallows and melt in three 30 second intervals, stirring between each. Then add the cereal and candy and finish the recipe as written.
Don’t overheat the marshmallows! We want them melty but if you heat them too much, they will become stiff.
Keep your rice krispies in an airtight container. I prefer to store them in the refrigerator to keep them extra krispie, but the counter is also fine. They are best within 2-3 days of making but you can definitely keep for up to 5 days. These freeze well too!
Not a fan of candy corn? Substitute halloween colored sprinkles instead. Y0u may also want to add extra marshmallows to the mixture (I suggest mini marshmallows) that aren’t melted as another texture element.
Feel free to add other halloween candy, too. Mini Reece’s Pieces would be totally on theme with the colors or Halloween M&M’s would be a good option, too!
A tough Rice Krispie treat sually happens for 1-2 reasons: the cereal is stale (for best results always use a fresh box) or you’ve used too much cereal/not enough marshmallows (make sure you’re measuring!).
This recipe is great to make with kids who can help stir the cereal and marshmallow mixture together, although I suggest adding everything in a large bowl to do so to prevent kids from getting burned on the warm sauce pot. Kids can also help press the cereal mixture into the pan (they’ll love the sticky marshmallow fingers they can lick afterward☺).
I used a 9x13 baking pan and cut into 12 thin squares. This recipe could also be really cute to use a circular pan so you can easily cut into the classic candy corn shape (the same way you’d cut a pizza). Without changing the recipe, you can use anywhere between 8-12 inches (just expect a slightly thinner or thicker end result).
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Candy Corn Rice Krispies
- Sauce pot
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups
- 9x13 pan
- 6 tbsp butter
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 4 ½ cups rice krispies
- 1 cup candy corn
- cooking spray
- Start by roughly chopping candy corn. A few chops will do – we still want it to have some form within the rice krispie treats.
- Heat a large saucepan to low heat. Add the butter and stir continuously as it melts. Pour in mini marshmallows and continue to stir as they begin to melt.
- Remove from the heat and add chopped candy corn and stir.
- Then add the Rice Krispie cereal into the marshmallow mixture. Mix until everything is coated.
- Generously spray a 9x13 springform pan with cooking spray or line with wax paper. Pour the candy corn rice krispies into the pan and spread with a greased spatula. Press in a few more candy corns into the top of the krispies.
- Allow treats to cool before cutting into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Candy Corn Rice Krispies calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!