Creamy Oreo Dip is a delightful and indulgent treat, made by blending rich cottage cheese and crushed Oreo cookies into a sweet and smooth mixture. This dessert dip is served alongside Oreo cookies, graham crackers or other dippable treats, providing a fun twist to the classic cookie experience.
Table of Contents
Easy Oreo Fluff Recipe
A rich and fluffy, frosting like mixture is mixed with crispy oreo thins. It’s a dessert dip you won’t be able to get enough of. Plus it's a silly easy recipe with just 5 simple ingredients and it takes just 5 minutes!
You'll love this Oreo dip for its irresistible combination of creamy texture and the rich, chocolatey crunch of crushed Oreo cookies. The sweet and velvety dip offers a delightful twist to the beloved Oreo flavor, making it a delectable treat that's perfect for sharing or indulging on your own.
It’s likely you think of an appetizer when you hear ‘dip recipe’, and although this Oreo dip would be great alongside some of you other savory apps for a change in pace, it also makes for a perfect dessert! Serve up a little Dessert Charcuterie Board with plenty of sweet dipping vessels and you’ve got yourself the perfect shareable sweet spread. And if you want to add another dessert dip to the mix, check out this Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip, too!
- Cottage Cheese - Blended up, it becomes the creamy dreamy base of our delicious dip. I used small curd, 4% milk fat but any will work.
- Vanilla Cake Mix - I used Betty Crocker.
- Milk - To slightly thin the oreo dessert dip.
- Oreo Thins - Regular Oreos work too, but I like the thins because with the creamy dip, I appreciate more cookie compared to filling.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Not a cottage cheese fan? Try it with greek yogurt, cool whip or room temperature softened cream cheese (although this will result in a much thicker dip).
- Change up the sweetener: You can use maple syrup, agave, or date syrup here. Or skip it all together as the dip gets a good amount of sweetness from the cake mix.
- Try another flavor cake mix! Try yellow cake mix, angel food, or make a dark version with chocolate cake mix. Or if you want extra oreo flavor, use an Oreo cake mix.
- Cookies: Instead of regular oreos, try this dip with golden oreos, mint oreos, or chocolate chip cookies instead. Feel free to add in a handful of chocolate chips, too!
Looking for more "Fluff"? Add 4 oz of room temperature cool whip to the cottage cheese and blend until mixed. It's the base of this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip and so tasty.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a food processor, blend together cottage cheese and honey.
2. Once creamy and smooth, transfer to a large bowl with the vanilla cake mix.
3. Use an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer with the whisk attachment) to blend on high until completely combined. Add the milk and mix again to make it even smoother.
4. In a large freezer bag, crush the oreos so they’re in small pieces but not quite fine crumbs. Pour crushed cookies on top of dip mixture. Fold the cookie crumbles into the batter until combined.
5. Serve in a large bowl with additional crushed oreos on top. Best with fresh fruit (like strawberries/raspberries), graham crackers, more oreos, or pretzels.
Add the milk in AFTER mixing the cottage cheese and cake mix first. It will make it creamier and prepped perfectly for the crushed oreos afterwards.
Store your leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. If you have larger oreo chunks, you may lose some of their crispy crunch as it soaks up some of the moisture from the dip, but it still tastes amazing. Feel free to garnish with fresh oreo crumbs prior to serving.
Make the dip batter and wait on adding the crushed oreos until ready to serve. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons more of milk as it will thicken in the refrigerator.
You can really get creative with what you decide to use as a dipping vessel. Here are a few of my favorite dippers:
Cookies: If you're an oreo lover, more oreos:), vanilla wafers, Biscoff cookies
Crackers: Graham crackers, Ritz, pretzels, animal crackers
Fresh Fruit: This delicious recipe makes a great fruit dip. Banana slices, fresh strawberries, apple slices
The two easiest options in my opinion are:
1. Pulse in a blender or food processor (you can do this in the same one you whipped the cottage cheese in without cleaning it in between since it is going to be mixed together anyway)
2. Add your oreos to a resealable plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin or wine bottle.
Just remember you don't want your pieces too small! You want a little texture in your dip.
Delicious oreo dip is the perfect dip for your next gathering holidays, parties, tailgates or family events. Serve on a dessert grazing table with extra oreos, this Oreo Puppy Chow, Kit Kat Cookies or another favorite cookie, and maybe these Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles, too! Or another dip like this Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough Dip.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Oreo Dip Recipe
- Food Processor
- freezer bag
- Mixing Bowl
- electric hand mixer
- measuring cups / spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 cup cottage cheese, I used 4% small curd
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup vanilla cake mix
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ package Oreo Thins, ~20 oreo thins
- 4 oz creamy cool whip, optional
- In a food processor, blend together cottage cheese and honey.
- Once creamy and smooth, transfer to a large bowl with the vanilla cake mix.
- Use an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer with the whisk attachment) to blend on high until completely combined. Add the milk and mix again to make it even smoother. Note: if you add cool whip, mix in in here.
- In a large freezer bag, crush the oreos so they’re in small pieces but not quite fine crumbs. Pour crushed cookies on top of dip mixture. Fold the cookie crumbles into the batter until combined.
- Serve in a large bowl with additional crushed oreos on top. Best with fresh fruit (like strawberries/raspberries), graham crackers, more oreos, or pretzels.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Recipe Tile Here calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!