These Chicken Burgers with Feta are so juicy and grill to absolute perfection. Notes of garlic and basil flavor pair perfectly with warm, toasted bread, melted feta cheese, and your favorite toppings and condiments.
About these Burgers
You guys love the incredibly delicious Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers AND the infamous Cheddar Bacon Ranch Turkey Burgers I made for Madeline Moves #TighterTogether Challenge. I love making burgers because, honestly, they're so EASY! You can pack burgers with your favorite flavors, add your favorite toppings, and even prep them for future meals. They're also a great source of protein!
So, I'm back with another amazing burger recipe! These Chicken Burgers with Feta are so juicy and grill to absolute perfection. Notes of garlic and basil flavor pair perfectly with warm, toasted bread, melted cheese, and your favorite toppings and condiments. You can dress them up to your preference and enjoy any way you like!
These Chicken Burgers with Feta are also so great for meal prep. Store them in the fridge for a few days or seal them in an airtight bag or container in the freezer to whip out in a pinch.
- Ground Chicken: Chicken burgers get a bad wrap for "lacking in flavor", but I promise these ones are LOADED with flavor. But if you want to try a beef burger, you could try these Oklahoma Onion Burgers instead.
- Roasted Tomato, Garlic, and Basil Seasoning: It's no secret how much I love prepared seasoning packets! They're so easy to use and help create an incredibly flavorful meal in almost no time.
- Veggies: IN the burger, this recipe includes spinach, onion and cherry tomatoes. Putting them directly into the mixture brings extra moisture to the patties.
- Feta Cheese: Feta scattered throughout these burgers take it to the next level.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. First, mince the garlic and finely chop the white onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes (smaller is better!).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine chopped white onion, spinach, cherry tomatoes, egg, minced garlic, ground chicken, seasonings, and crumbled feta cheese. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
Using your hands, form the mixture into 4-6 equally sized burger patties. Note: 6 is much easier to work with. I recommend making 6 equal sizes to ensure the burgers stay together when flipping.
Then, heat a stove pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Place burgers on the hot pan and cook for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. While the burgers cook, prepare your toppings. Caramelize some onions, slice lettuce and tomato and toast your buns. I love putting cheese and avocado on them and broil at 525°F for 2-3 minutes, or until bread starts to brown.
6. Serve with the toppings and condiments of your choice and enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep your burgers separate from your bun and toppings until you're ready to enjoy.
Burgers can be frozen for up to 3 months raw or cooked. Individually wrap them and place in a freezer bag so they do not stick together. You could also slip a piece of parchment between each burger. When ready to enjoy, it’s better to thaw the burgers in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature.
You can, although you'll want to do so on a piece of tinfoil to avoid them from completely crumbling. Then, once the burgers are 90% cooked and have a decent structure, you can put directly on the grill to get those nice char marks.
Choose your favorites but here are a few of my suggestions:
- Veggies: Lettuce, tomato, fresh onion, pickles, avocado slices, chiles, coleslaw, mushrooms.
- Cheese: You can add more crumbled feta on top, or try a slice of Pepper Jack, American, Swiss, Munster or Havarti instead. You could also change it up and use a spreadable cream cheese or soft goat slathered on top of your burger.
- Condiments: Ranch, mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, Chick-fil-A sauce, A1, or even some hot sauce.
- Extras: Bacon, fried egg, pineapple, pastrami, potato chips.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Chicken Burgers with Feta
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Meat masher
- Skillet pan
- Ninja Foodi Grill (optional)
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken
- 1 packet McCormick’s Grill Mates Tomato, Garlic, & Basil Marinade Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup spinach, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- First, mince the garlic and finely chop the white onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes (smaller is better!).
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped white onion, spinach, cherry tomatoes, egg, minced garlic, ground chicken, seasonings, and crumbled feta cheese. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 4 equally sized burger patties.
- Then, heat a stove pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Place burgers on the hot pan and cook for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the burgers cook, prepare your toppings. Caramelize some onions, slice lettuce and tomato and toast your buns. I love putting cheese and avocado on them and broil at 525°F for 2-3 minutes, or until bread starts to brown.
- Serve with the toppings and condiments of your choice and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Roasted Garlic and Basil Chicken Burgers calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Absolutely amazing! My family and I enjoyed from the grill this past weekend. We’ll be making again soon!
Samantha Specht says
The flavors of this recipe are a 10/10!! I only knocked off a star because mine fell apart (I did appreciate the forewarning in the notes). I’m going to make this again and try adding another egg! Thanks for a yummy dinner!
Lauren Hudson says
These were YUMMY!! I put them on brioche buns & caramelized some onions. I used my ninja foodi grill & they held up perfectly fine and didn’t crumble at all!!!
Robbie Stone says
So simple, yet so delicious. We cooked them in a cast iron on the grill and they were perfect. So much flavor!
Paige Martinez says
Amazing burgers!! I don’t like ranch at all so these are my go to. Full of flavor & tons of protein!
These were amazing!! So easy and loved how quickly they came together. My husband is a big red meat guy and loved them so much he had 2!
These are amazing!! They’re so flavorful a nice way to spice up your burger game. I didn’t have any issues with my burgers falling part. This recipe is definitely a keeper
Loved this one! so delicious and easy to make
Sydney Van Acker says
These really are the BEST. the seasoning packet is so easy and packs in so much flavor. Whole fam loved these. We ate them burger bowl style over greens with some roasted potatoes and all the burger toppings too
Courtney Paige says
If there's one thing to know about APOP, she knows how to make a flavorful burger - wowza!!
Absolutely delicious!! I substituted goat cheese for the feta and a zesty herb marinade packet. These burgers were full of flavor and so juicy. Heated well too! Thanks for the amazing recipe.