This S'mores Puppy Chow is perfect for snacking, bake sales, and so easy for on the go. There's something about the pairing of melted chocolate and marshmallows in addition to a hint of honey graham crackers that will make your mouth water.
About this Puppy Chow
I love the taste of a campfire s'more without the sticky mess of marshmallows everywhere. This S'mores Puppy Chow really emphasizes all flavors of a s'more.
This treat is quick to make and no baking required! No bake recipes always rank among my favorite recipes because of their simplicity and timeliness. It's honestly hard to mess this one up!
Typically puppy chow (aka Muddy Buddies) is a combination of chocolate and peanut butter coating the Chex cereal and finished off with a powdered sugar dusting. Although we'll keep these elements consistent, we are going to add graham cracker pieces and marshmallow to create the campfire feel.
- Rice Chex - Chex cereal is the base of our puppy chow. It gives the perfect crunch.
- Chocolate Chips, Marshmallows, Peanut Butter - These ingredients melt together to coat the chex and act as the glue for the powdered sugar to stick.
- Golden Grahams - This cereal is basically mini graham crackers! Perfect for this recipe to achieve a similar size to the Chex.
- Powdered Sugar - A dusting of powdered sugar is a classic addition to the muddy buddy recipe.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a sauce pan on low-medium heat, combine the mini marshmallows and butter. Stir until well combined.
2. Remove the pan from heat and add in the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate completely melts.
3. Fold in the Chex cereal in 1 cup increments; then fold in the crushed Golden Grahams.
4. In a plastic storage bag, add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add Marshmallow Chex mixture to the bag. Ensure the plastic bag is sealed and toss mixture around until powdered sugar is evenly dispersed and the Chex are coated.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to enjoying for ingredients to set. Enjoy!!
This puppy chow can be stored right in the bag you made them in for 3-5 days at room temp or in the fridge if you prefer it chilled. Just don’t throw the bag in the back of the pantry where it may get crushed and your Puppy Chow becomes Puppy Dust. However, if you’re concerned about it getting crushed, store in Tupperware.
Muddy Buddies freeze extremely well! Store in an airtight container or ziplock for up to 5 months. Thaw to room temperature before digging in!
You want all of the ingredients coated, but try not to over mix! The chunks in this recipe are the best part.
I call this Puppy Chow, but it’s most definitely NOT meant for dogs. With all of the chocolate and sugar involved, you’ll end up with a very sick puppy if they get their paws on this treat
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
S'mores Puppy Chow
- sauce pan
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups
- Plastic Storage Bag
- 3 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 cup crushed Golden Grahams
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, roughly ⅔ of a bag
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a sauce pan on low-medium heat, combine the mini marshmallows and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Remove the pan from heat and add in the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Fold in the Chex cereal in 1 cup increments; then fold in the crushed Golden Grahams.
- In the plastic storage bag, add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add Marshmellow Chex mixture to the bag.
- Ensure the plastic bag is sealed and toss mixture around until powdered sugar is evenly dispersed and the chex are coated. This is where you will be able to determine if you need more powdered sugar - if you still see areas of exposed chocolate and chex, add more at ½ intervals.
- Refridgerate for 1 hour prior to enjoying. Enjoy!!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find S'mores Puppy Chow calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!