Trust me when I say you'll taste nothing but sweet, fruity, fresh flavor in this Mango Spinach Smoothie! The bright green color is deceiving because while this is a green spinach smoothie, it doesn't taste like it. Instead, it's a smooth, thick, and absolutely delicious tropical smoothie that's good for you too.
This is also the perfect way to sneak some greens into your diet since the mango and peach cover the spinach right up. Plus it's a great quick breakfast, snack, or post-workout refuel that's cheap and easy to make! It's been my family's post workout recovery staple for years so get blending, slurp it slowly, and enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Ingredients for this Mango Spinach Smoothie
Spinach - A great vegetable to add into smoothies since it blends easily and has nearly no flavor when the smoothie is sweet.
Water - Helps blend the spinach into a smooth liquid consistency.
Mango - Adds great flavor to cover up the spinach and pairs well with peach.
Peaches - Pairs well with the mango and adds sweetness to the smoothie.
Almond Milk - Helps the smoothie blend into a thick and creamy consistency.
Protein Powder - The flavored, sweetened protein powder helps to cover the taste of spinach and makes this mango smoothie extra tasty! I like to use coconut but you could also use vanilla. If you need to swap for the protein powder, add one pitted date instead or a heaping teaspoon of nut butter. This helps to sweeten the smoothie still!
How to Make Sure You DON'T Taste the Spinach
I'll let you in on my secret for making the best spinach smoothie recipe ... blending with water! It may seem odd but trust me, it works! By blending the spinach with water before adding anything else, you're preparing for a creamy smoothie with no sneaky spinach chunks.
- Add spinach and filtered water into the blender. Blend until spinach is completely liquified.
- Add in frozen peaches and mango, blend.
- Next, pour almond milk and protein powder into the mixture. Blend again. Depending on your desired consistency, you may need to add more or less almond milk. Don't be afraid to let your blender work!
This smoothie has incredibly, fluffy consistency. Blending similar ingredient at the same time versus all at once helps achieve that.
6 Ways to Switch Up Your Smoothie Game
While this Mango Spinach Smoothie is my go-to, I also love switching things up and experimenting with it from time to time. There are so many ways to make this smoothie unique to your day, get creative!
- The easiest swap is with protein powder flavors. I usually use coconut here but vanilla and chocolate are tasty too! I'd suggest switching your fruit flavors if you use a flavor like strawberry, caramel, coffee, or berry.
- If you don't have protein powder, then add one pitted date or half a ripe banana for added sweetness.
- For a leafy green you can sub kale for the spinach. For a thicker smoothie, try blending in vegetables like steamed and fresh/frozen zucchini, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, or beets.
- To change up the fruit try adding in berries, banana, or even orange.
- Add fun and healthy mix ins such as flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp hearts, or collagen.
- To make an extra yummy and creamy blend, add in nut butter. My favorites to use are peanut butter and almond butter.
If you like this Mango Spinach Smoothie here is some other recipes you might like:
Mango Spinach Protein Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- cup/glass for serving
- ½ cup spinach, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup cold filtered water
- ¾ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, ~roughly 35 grams
- ½ cup almond milk
- Add spinach and filtered water into the blender. Blend until spinach is completely liquified (approximately 20-35 seconds).
- Add in frozen peaches and mango, blend.
- Next, pour almond milk and protein powder into the mixture. Blend again. Depending on your desired consistency, you may need to add more or less almond milk. Don't be afraid to let your blender work! (blend for about a minute to make sure all of the fruit is blended)
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- This smoothie has incredibly, fluffy consistency. Blending similar ingredient at the same time versus all at once helps achieve that.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Mango Spinach Smoothie
1 serving (with Protein Powder): 43 grams Carbs | 3 gram Fat | 17 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.