Trust me when I say you'll taste nothing but sweet, fruity, fresh flavor in this Mango Spinach Smoothie! Filled with protein and plenty of nutrients, this smoothie is a great way to kickstart your morning. It takes less than 5 minutes and is the best tasting green smoothie.
About this Smoothie
The bright green color is deceiving because while this is a green spinach smoothie, it doesn't taste like it. Instead, this Spinach Mango Smoothie is a creamy, thick, and absolutely delicious tropical smoothie that's really good for you, too.
This is smoothie the perfect way to sneak some greens into your diet since the mango and peach cover the spinach right up. Plus it's a great quick breakfast, snack, or post-workout refuel that's cheap and easy to make! It's been my family's post workout recovery staple for years so get blending, slurp it slowly, and enjoy.
What's even better is that it's just 5 ingredients and takes just 5 minutes to make. Simple, quick, and nutritious recipes is what I'm all about! And if you're looking for other green smoothies, try my Healthy Mint Chocolate Smoothie or this Apple Kiwi Smoothie, too! Or try another veggie smoothie with this Butternut Squash Smoothie Recipe!
- Spinach - A great vegetable to add into smoothies since it blends easily and has nearly no flavor when the smoothie is sweet.
- Mango - Adds great flavor to cover up the spinach and gives tropical vibes.
- Peaches - Pairs super well with the mango and adds sweetness to the smoothie, you could replace with additional mango if you'd like.
- Protein Powder - I use CleanSimpleEats (discount code: APAIGE10 saves you money!). The flavored, sweetened protein powder helps to cover the taste of spinach and makes this mango smoothie extra tasty! I like to use coconut but you could also use vanilla.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
I'll let you in on my secret for making the best spinach smoothie recipe ... blending with water! It may seem odd but trust me, it works! By blending the spinach with water before adding anything else, you're preparing for a creamy smoothie with no sneaky spinach chunks.
- Add spinach and filtered water into the blender. Blend until spinach is completely liquified.
- Add in frozen peaches and mango, blend.
- Next, pour almond milk and protein powder into the mixture. Blend again. Depending on your desired consistency, you may need to add more or less almond milk. Don't be afraid to let your blender work!
If you choose to leave out protein powder, then add one pitted date or half a ripe banana for added sweetness that you'll miss out on from the flavored protein. Adding a tablespoon of nut butter is also encouraged for extra creaminess.
You will need a high powered blender and then follow the recipe as is but use just use 2-3 tablespoons of almond milk. This will thicken up the smoothie and make it more spoonable. It may take a little longer to blend thoroughly. To thicken your smoothie even more, also try adding ¼ an avocado or ½ tsp of xanthan gum.
To me, smoothies are like a blank canvas for all sorts of tasty toppings. Some of my favorites include nuts and seeds like chia, flax, hemp seeds, chopped walnuts or pecans. I also love a drizzle of nut butter or honey.
For a nice crunch I like adding cacao nibs, granola, cereal, or toasted coconut flakes. Fresh berries or dried fruit are always welcomed for an extra punch of nutrients and pop of color.
My most recent obsession though, a healthy spoonful of Oat Haus Granola Butter! You can use my code COURTNEY15 if you're looking to purchase and save some money.
If you’re using frozen fruit, no need to add ice to your smoothie. The frozen fruit + almond milk combo will create the perfect consistency. However, if you are using fresh fruit, you will want to add about a cup of ice to your blender. This will create a slightly less flavorful smoothie as compared to using frozen fruit, but still mighty delicious
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Mango Spinach Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- cup/glass for serving
- ½ cup spinach, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup cold filtered water
- ¾ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, ~roughly 35 grams
- ½ cup almond milk
- Add spinach and filtered water into the blender. Blend until spinach is completely liquified (approximately 20-35 seconds).
- Add in frozen peaches and mango, blend.
- Next, pour almond milk and protein powder into the mixture. Blend again. Depending on your desired consistency, you may need to add more or less almond milk. Don't be afraid to let your blender work! Blend for about a minute to make sure all of the fruit is blended.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find MANGO SPINACH SMOOTHIE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
This looks sooo yummy!! Making it first thing in the morning.
SO yummy and refreshing!
Teri Heard says
The mango spinach smoothie was very yummy and smooth. Didn’t taste the spinach at all.
Turned this recipe into a smoothie bowl and I mean🤤🤤 nothing like some greens for breakfast to start the day on the right foot. So refreshing!!
Made this for breakfast and WOW so good. Blending the spinach first was a game changer! Making this a part of my routine.
Courtney Paige says
I agree about the spinach! It makes all of the difference.
Sarah Tibbe says
Finally made this and mad at myself for not making it sooner! Perfect for breakfast, snack, protein boost. Will be on the regular rotation now!
The smoothie was so green, fluffy and delicious - not too sweet either. I had to add everything together to have enough liquid for my vitamix but have now made this for myself 3x this week and it is a new staple. My husband, who doesn’t enjoy green smoothies, asked for it!
Ellie Bozynski says
This is my go-to smoothie recipe, so easy and I feel so good after drinking it!! Plus I love the color 😍
The best smoothie!
Courtney Paige says
I consistently have this smoothie on repeat. Gosh it's amazing! Key is to blend the spinach before adding everything else.